Ulcerative Colitis/Intestinal Fibrosis
- Administration of either DSS via drinking water or, TNBS dosed intra-rectally, can cause varying degrees of colon inflammation depending on study duration.
- Disturbances of intestinal homeostasis result in chronic inflammatory disorders of the intestine that are also referred to as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Two major forms are ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn’s disease (CD).
- The aetiology of the disease is still not completely understood. Contributors to the initiation and progression of the disease are generally accepted to be a complex interplay between genetic, environmental and immunological factors.
- Symptoms of patients suffering from IBD are abdominal cramping, diarrhoea, rectal bleeding and weight loss.
- Due to the complexity of the disease in humans, the development of an animal model which can display such heterogeneous complications has proven to be difficult. Rather, animal models have demonstrated to be valuable tools in understanding various disease aspects.
- Mouse and Rat
- Biomarker Analysis
For further information please e-mail email@example.com